What Goes in Your Bins
Use the search tool to find out what to do with an item.
Collection Calendar 2024
When putting items into your recycling bin:
- ensure they are clean and dry
- place them loosely; please do not put them in a carrier bag or clear recycling sack.
Extra recycling will be collected on your recycling collection day as long as it is securely bagged in a clear recycling sack next to your bin.
Recycling in black sacks or carrier bags will not be accepted.
- glass bottles and jars
- dry paper and cardboard
- plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays – including detergent bottles, yoghurt pots and ready meal trays
- metal food tins and drinks cans
- clean aluminium foil and trays
- put any cardboard stained/dirty with foodstuffs, grease, paint or dirt in your general waste bin; this cannot be recycled
- remove any tape and polystyrene inserts and put them in your general rubbish bin
- flatten and fold/cut large boxes to ensure they can fit into the recycling bin with the lid closed
If you have more than will fit in your recycling bin, flatten it, tie it into a bundle and place it next to your recycling bin for collection.
We can only accept clean and dry cardboard – place it into a clear recycling sack to keep it dry.
Alternatively you can take it to the Community Recycling Centre.
- rubble, earth, paint tins, sand or other building waste – this can be disposed of at one of the Community Recycling Centres and waste disposal facilities in the Surrey so long as it is non-commercial, otherwise a licence will be required to tip it
- garden waste can be taken to your nearest Community Recycling Centre or you can subscribe to our Garden Waste Collection Service
- Medical Waste
- Batteries/electronics – see Small Electricals
You can dispose of all general waste that you generate within your household which is not recycling, garden waste or food waste in this bin. The contents will be taken to landfill. Please:
- bag any ash before placing into your rubbish bin
- ensure all rubbish fits in your bin with the lid closed; any extra rubbish will not be collected
Each household may present one refuse (general waste) bin. Please note, we are unable to collect additional rubbish at any time.
A small number of properties in Mole Valley need to present their waste in sacks where it is not possible for them to have bins.
Please note we will accept no more than four sacks on each collection day.
Other Waste Information