Strategic Risk Register – March 2023
This register details the strategic risks faced by Mole Valley District Council in relation to achieving the priorities as defined in the Council Strategy. It also notes the current mitigation action being taken to control these risks. The Register is owned by the Chief Executive.
- Community wellbeing – active communities and support for those who need it
- Environment – a highly attractive area with housing that meets local need
- Prosperity – a vibrant local economy with thriving towns and villages
Council Strategy Guiding Principles
- Putting People First – Ensuring a people focussed culture in our organisation to provide the best possible experience and services for our residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Openness & accessibility – Listening to and engaging with people, and giving clear, timely and transparent information that enables residents, businesses, and visitors to help themselves, while still providing support for those who need it.
- Acting Sustainably – Meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations requires responsible decision making and innovation.
- Living within our means – Be mindful of current and future costs in our approach to delivering and developing services.
Surrey Local Resilience Forum Community Risk Register
Surrey’s Local Resilience Forum (LRF) is a multi-agency partnership made up of representatives from local public services, including the Emergency Services, Local Authorities, NHS England and the Environment Agency, which are all Category One Responders under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. Each year the Surrey LRF publishes the Surrey Community Risk Register which provides public information about the hazards that exist within the County and the control measures that are in place to mitigate their impact. The Register details the lead agency for each hazard identified. The responsibilities (specifically infrastructure/system failure and natural hazards) assigned to Mole Valley District Council are to be read in conjunction with this Strategic Risk Register.