Selling a Right to Buy Property

Every purchaser of residential property sold by Mole Valley District Council under right to buy legislation (ie, before the stock transfer of 29 October 2007) needs to enter into a Deed of Covenant to enable their purchase to be registered by the Land Registry.

The Deed of Covenant confirms that the new purchaser agrees to be bound by the conditions of the original transfer.

Please note as of February 2021 Clarion Housing Association Limited is taking over from Mole Valley District Council as the body dealing with all requests for deeds of covenants under the terms of the original transfers.

Please contact Clarion Housing Association directly at the following address:

Please do not contact Mole Valley District Council in respect of these requests for Deeds of Covenants as we are no longer able to assist with this process.