Housing Associations Working in Mole Valley

Housing Associations or Registered Providers are independent organisations providing homes for people to rent, or buy through low cost home ownership schemes.

Housing Associations are now the only providers of new and existing housing at affordable rents in Mole Valley.

We work in partnership with associations to make sure that the new housing they provide meets the needs of local people.

Who gets housed?

We operate a choice based lettings scheme called Homechoice.

Each week, every vacant property is advertised and applicants are able to bid (make known their interest) for the properties available.

Housing Association tenant moves

If you accept a Housing Association tenancy and then find that you need to move you can either:

  • apply to join the Mole Valley Housing Register if you live in Mole Valley; or
  • apply for a mutual exchange and your Housing Association will provide you with the information you need

Buying a Housing Association home

If you are looking to buy a place of your own but you need help to get a foot on the housing ladder, there are a range of Own Your Home schemes such as equity loans / shared ownership / intermediate rental schemes.


If you have a complaint about a Housing Association you should write to the member of staff at the Housing Association you have been dealing with:

If your problem is not resolved, ask for the association’s complaints procedure and follow the steps in it.

If you are unable to resolve your complaint through their procedure you can contact a MP, local councillor or Tenant Panel to help you find a solution.

You can also contact the Housing Ombudsman but you need to wait until eight weeks after the association’s final response to your complaint.