Apply for a Home

The Housing Register is a list of the people who would like to be housed in social accommodation.

Who can join the housing register?

Anyone above the age of 16 and from the Common Travel Area, which consists of the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland.

But there are some exceptions for people:

  • from abroad who are subject to immigration control
  • with no local connection to the district
  • who owe us or any other housing provider monies.
  • who have been found to be responsible for anti-social behaviour
  • owner occupiers unless they are over 55 (subject to income thresholds)
  • whose income is above our income thresholds

Qualifying applicants aged 16 and 17 will be subject to a joint assessment between the housing team before being made any offer of accommodation.

Additionally, a guarantor for the tenancy will need to be identified.

We also accept applications from members of the European Union and A8 Accession States, as long as they meet eligibility conditions.

To view the Housing Allocations Scheme visit our Plans, Policies and Strategies page.

How do I apply?

Apply to join the Housing Register on HomeChoice.

You can update your existing application, at any time or contact us about your application.

If you still require further advice or assistance, call 01306 885001 to arrange a personal interview at our offices.