As a dog owner it is your responsibility to clear up after your dog.
The maximum fine for failing to clear up after your dog is £1,000.
Where the law applies
- footpaths, grass verges, parking areas or hard surfaced areas alongside or on the carriage way of a road. You must pick up on the actual road if the speed limit is 40mph or less
- all public footpaths
- all private roads and footpaths
- all recreation grounds and open spaces
- all roads and footpaths on housing estates provided by the local authority
- all pedestrianised areas in towns and village centres
- all public car parks
Disposing of dog waste
You can dispose of dog waste:
- in specialist dog waste bins
- normal rubbish bins (waste must be bagged)
- in your own black bin at home