Graffiti Removal

Report graffiti to Surrey Police by calling 101 as it is classed as criminal damage and action can be taken against those caught defacing property.

Report Graffiti ›

Council-owned property

Both Mole Valley District Council and Surrey County Council have a policy of getting obscene graffiti removed as soon as possible from properties they own, including:

  • bridges
  • bus shelters
  • car parks
  • council houses
  • pavilions
  • pedestrian under passes
  • public conveniences

Private property

Responsibility for removing the graffiti from private property rests with the owner.

Most building insurance policies include cover for criminal damage of this nature so it is advisable to check with your insurance company before deciding what to do.