Welfare Advice

Local Assistance Scheme

Surrey County Council’s discretionary fund provides financial help to residents who have nowhere else to turn in an emergency or after a disaster.


If you’re struggling to put food on the table, there are two local foodbanks in:

Read more about help with food costs.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service is an independent service set up by the government to help people manage their money. This service is free and the advice is impartial.

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice service offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice on a wide range of subjects, including debt, benefits, consumer rights, employment, housing, immigration and other legal issues.

Help with paying your water bill

If you are a Sutton and East Surrey Water customer experiencing difficulty in paying your water bill , there are schemes available which could help reduce this.