Commercial Waste and Recycling
If you are a company in Mole Valley and would like to recycle your waste, visit the Surrey County Council website.
There is a service available to Mole Valley’s businesses for arranging a trade refuse and recycling collection.
The following companies collect trade waste in the areas:
- Biffa Waste Services: 0800 307307
- Grundon: 01372 386806 (north of the district only)
- Sita: 08704 211122
- Veolia Environmental Services: 020 7812 5000
Under the duty of care legislation, businesses are required to take all reasonable steps to keep their waste safe. Not abiding by the duty of care legislation can result in a fine.
For further advice, visit the Right Waste, Right Place website.
When dealing with your own business waste you must:
- store your waste safely and securely to ensure that it doesn’t escape from your control and pollute or harm the environment
- make sure that anybody who disposes of the waste for you is authorised to take it and can transport, recycle or dispose of it safely
- make sure you have a written description of the waste and a transfer note (completed and signed by both parties) if you get someone else to dispose of your waste
Further information on the legal obligations of a business to correctly dispose of their waste can be found on GOV.UK.