Home Privacy Notice for FACS and Complimentary Access
Privacy Notice for FACS and Complimentary Access
Mole Valley District Council (“MVDC”) is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller’s contact details:
MVDC Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885 001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879 354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
MVDC is able to process your personal data in order to organise the FACS and Complimentary Access scheme because it is exercising an official authority vested in MVDC as the data controller. Specifically, MVDC has the ability to provide assistance for recreational events. The extent of this power is set out in [the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 (s19)].
MVDC can also process your personal information because this is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to the contract being concluded.
The source of the personal data:
All personal information held about you will be collected directly from you or a member of your support organisation.
For foster families your information may be sent by Surrey County Council. For refugee families your information may be sent by South East Surrey Family Support Team.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
1) MVDC staff involved in the administration and management of the FACS and Complimentary Access scheme.
2) Places Leisure, Fusion and Dorking Halls. Places Leisure are the leisure operators for Dorking Sports Centre and Fusion are the leisure operators for Leatherhead Leisure Centre.
For FACS applicants, your details will only be sent to your chosen location. If you opt to use both facilities, your personal details will be sent to both Places Leisure and Fusion.
The Places Leisure, Fusion and Dorking Halls are Data Processors. They will not process your personal information unless this is on written instructions from MVDC. From May 2018 Data Processing Agreements will set out the terms of the processing by these organisations.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC’s Records Retention and Disposal Schedule, 1 year after the application finishes.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you, however, if you do not it may not be possible to process your FACS or Complimentary Access Application.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
· see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
· have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
· request your personal data is erased (though this right is subject to some caveats which we will inform about (if relevant) when your application for erasure is received.
· request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
· object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC’s website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
The Mole Valley District Council website is maintained by MVDC. This privacy and cookies policy applies to information the council may collect from you when submitting information via an e form. It does not apply to any sites the council links to.
MVDC has been asked to provide further information about the cookies used on the site
When you visit the website, some details are recorded from your web browser for statistical purposes.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
|This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before
|This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you’ve visited before
|Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
|Like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page
|This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK
|This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser
|When you close your browser
|This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine)
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.