Homes for Older People

We can provide advice and assistance to older people (over 55) looking for accommodation with housing associations for rent or sale.

Rented accommodation

As well as providing general needs housing, housing associations can provide a variety of accommodation for those over 55 years.

Several housing associations provide sheltered accommodation with onsite staff or regular staff visits.

Other accommodation is simply ordinary flats designated for older people that may include a care alarm.

To apply, join the housing register on the HomeChoice website.

If you own or jointly own any residential property either outright or mortgaged, have combined savings and assets in excess of £16,000 and an annual household gross income in excess of £50,000, will not qualify to join.

Clarion Housing has available studio and one bedroom sheltered accommodation and flats for over 55s.

For more information call 0300 500 8000.

Leasehold sale accommodation

Accommodation is available to older people for sale on long leases.

Many specialist builders and estate agents provide accommodation for those over 55 years with varying degrees of on-site or ‘buy in’ support.

Housing Care can assist.

If you still require further advice or assistance, call 01306 885001 to arrange an interview at our offices.

Interviews are available from 9am to 12noon and 2pm to 4pm, Monday to Friday.