Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
The Surrey Youth Games, sponsored by Specsavers, is the largest annual youth sports festival in Surrey and gives young people (aged 7 to 16 years) experience of a competitive, countywide sporting tournament.
2017 Games: 17 and 18 June at Surrey Sports Park
Over the weekend, nineteen teams from Mole Valley relished the experience of competitive teamwork and showcasing their talents against youngsters from the ten other Districts and Boroughs in the largest annual sports event in Surrey.
Team Mole Valley did themselves and the District proud, culminating in a number of medals won across a range of sports:
• Gold: Mini Tennis - mixed Under 8s
• Gold: Squash - mixed Under 10s
• Silver: Badminton - mixed Under 14s
• Bronze: Netball - girls Under 13s
• Bronze: Swimming - mixed Under 12s
• Bronze: Table Tennis - mixed Under 13s
Other highlights included two 'judokas' winning individual silver and bronze medals in the Girls junior and senior Judo competition.
The complete results for the weekend's competition can be found by visiting Active Surrey's website www.activesurrey.com/surreyyouthgames/2017.
About the Games
The games are essentially a mini-Olympic event, where each of the eleven district/boroughs in Surrey compete against each other in a variety of sports.
Children in the district get up to eight weeks free coaching in a range of different sports and then get selected to compete for Mole Valley.
Eligibility for the Games
To compete for Mole Valley District Council you must:
- live or go to school in Mole Valley
- be of the correct age and gender for the sport you wish to take part in.
- be below county standard in the sport you wish to take part in
- unfortunately, it is only possible to register to compete in a maximum of two sports on the weekend of the Surrey Youth Games tournament (one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday). It is not possible to compete in two different sports on the same day of the games weekend
- want to have loads of fun!
For further information about the Specsavers Surrey Youth Games please visit Active Surrey's website.