Executive Details and Decision-Making
Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) operates an Executive model of governance, which currently consists of the Leader and Deputy Leader and seven lead members (also known as Executive Members), who have responsibility for various MVDC services.
The Executive makes decisions on services within MVDC's policies and budgets.
The Executive must comprise the Leader of the Council, the Deputy Leader of the Council (who acts in the absence of the Leader) and no more than eight other councillors appointed to the Executive by the Leader. In addition, the minimum number of members with which the Executive can function is three; a Leader, Deputy Leader and one other Member.
Current Members of the Executive
- Councillor Vivienne Michael - Leader of the Council
- Councillor Charles Yarwood - Deputy Leader of the Council & Executive Member for Assets and Investments
- Councillor Lucy Botting - Executive Member for Wellbeing
- Councillor Simon Edge - Executive Member for Economic Development & Transform Leatherhead
- Councillor Metin Huseyin - Executive Member for Finance & Corporate Services
- Councillor Duncan Irvine - Executive Member for Planning
- Councillor David Mir - Executive Member for Environment & Parking
- Councillor Corinna Osborne-Patterson - Executive Member for Communities, Services & Housing
The Leader produces a Forward Plan for each year, which is updated on a monthly basis and covers a four month period. Those decisions which are outside the terms of reference of the Executive are taken by the Council or one of the decision making committees.
Officer Decision Making
Officer Key Decisions - key decisions to be taken by officers are included in the Leader's Forward Plan and will be published once taken. Please see 'Downloads' for any key decisions taken by officers.
Other recorded officer decisions - regulations require some other officer decisions to be recorded. Please see 'Downloads' for any recorded decisions.
The Executive is monitored and supported by the following committees:
- Scrutiny Committee
- Audit Committee
Some other non-Executive councillors perform a scrutiny role as members of MVDC's Scrutiny and Audit Committees. The Scrutiny Committee undertakes 'forward looking' work such as helping to shape policy and making recommendations to the Executive before final decisions are taken. The Audit Committee reviews MVDC's past performance.
Both committees are responsible for monitoring the way MVDC and its Executive work and ensuring that any decisions taken are appropriate and mindful to the needs of Mole Valley residents.