It's important that you contact Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) before applying for a parking bay dispensation. The area will need to be checked for suitability and the reasoning for the suspension / waiver is adequate.
A parking dispensation allows a vehicle to park on a single yellow line (or in special cases on double yellow lines) if a vehicle is required to:
- carry out specific work
- be as close to the premises as possible for loading / unloading goods and material
- if no alternative parking space is available
Please be advised that the following charges apply for on-street dispensations and parking bay suspensions.
A minimum charge of £25 applies which covers a three day period, £6 will be added for each additional day.
A minimum charge of £75 applies per bay which covers a three day period, £12 will be added for each additional day.
Applications must be received a minimum of 10 days before the dispensation start date. Time should be added for delays caused by the post.
Valid for one vehicle
The dispensation will only be valid for one vehicle at any one time. If more than one vehicle is required on site then a separate parking dispensation should be obtained for each vehicle.
A dispensation is only valid for the vehicle for which it is issued. If the dispensation is placed on a different vehicle to the one stated on the dispensation or if the dispensation is changed or altered in any way then it will be deemed invalid and a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued to the vehicle.
Single event and location
A dispensation is normally only granted for a single event, between pre-determined hours. Under certain conditions they may be granted for up to four consecutive weeks at a specific location but for no longer. Further extensions will require new applications to be made in order to allow the parking, traffic and safety situation to be reviewed by MVDC.
Vehicle must be moved on request
The vehicle must be moved on the request or instructions of a Police Officer or a Civil Enforcement Officer in uniform. If it is deemed necessary, a parking dispensation may be withdrawn without notice and MVDC are not required to offer any compensation or alternative parking place. Your contact details will be used in this instance to inform you.
Civil Enforcement Officers employed by MVDC will conduct inspections during the operation of the parking dispensation to establish the vehicle is being used for it's purpose of issue.
Please read and agree to the terms and conditions before submitting your application.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Dispensation Waiver / Parking Bay Suspension must be placed against the windscreen inside the vehicle to which it applies. Please ensure all details can be clearly seen from the outside.
2. The Dispensation Waiver / Parking Bay Suspension is only valid for use during the time/days shown on the Waiver.
3. The vehicle may only be parked on a single yellow line within the street shown on the Dispensation Waiver. In exceptional circumstances, a Dispensation Waiver may be given for a double yellow line.
4. The vehicle must not be parked in such a manner as to cause an obstruction.
5. The vehicle must be relocated if requested to do so by a Police Officer or Civil Enforcement Officer in uniform.
6. The Dispensation Waiver / Parking Bay Suspension is not transferable and no refunds will be given for periods of unused times. A refund will only be given if you application is unsuccessful.
7. MVDC reserves the right to inspect the vehicle named in the application by an Authorised Officer or Authorised Agent on behalf of MVDC, at all reasonable times for the purposes of verifying the work and/or authenticity of the application.
8. The Dispensation Waiver / Parking Bay Suspension remains the property of MVDC and must be surrendered to MVDC and/or the Authorised Agents of MVDC in accordance with the Order(s) associated with the issue of the Dispensation Waiver / Parking Bay Suspension.
9. Any contravention of these Terms and Conditions will render the permit invalid and a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.