If you have suffered personal injury, property damage or financial loss and you believe that Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) has been negligent, you have the right to make a liability claim.
If you are a solicitor and wish to make a claim via the claims portal, MVDC's insurers are:
- Zurich Municipal
- Policy Number: QLA-17H075-0103
- Portal ID: C00108
Highways claims for injury or damage arising from public roads or highway verges are the responsibility of the highways authority, Surrey County Council.
There is no automatic right to compensation and, before any recompense can be made, and it will be necessary for you to demonstrate that there has been negligence by MVDC.
Making a Claim
To make a claim against MVDC, you will need to address a letter to the: Insurance Officer, Mole Valley District Council, Pippbrook, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SJ, or email: email@example.com providing:
- a description of the injury, property damage or financial loss incurred
- a precise location of the incident (if relating to a defect, please provide photographs showing the location, general area and the defect, marking the precise point of the defect with a cross and an arrow showing the direction of travel. Please advise who took the photos and the date that they were taken)
- the full circumstances of the incident, including the date and time if relevant
- the reason why you hold MVDC responsible
If MVDC has taken all reasonable precautions to prevent this type of incident, then it will not be liable.
Your claim will be referred to MVDC's Public Liability insurer, or it may be referred to a contractor or landowner (if known) if MVDC is not the responsible party.
The authority has a duty to protect the public funds it administers and, to this end, may use the information you have provided in order to access this service for the prevention and detection of fraud. MVDC may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.