Delivering a great customer experience is important to us. This is why we have developed our Customer Services Strategy for 2019-24 which builds on our five core values that make up our Customer Promise.
Customer Services Strategy 2019-24
Our Customer Services Strategy supports our Council Strategy and the commitment we have made to 'Putting People First' and 'Openness and Accessibility'. We have defined five guiding principles and three key outcomes that we will be working on over the next five years together with a number of actions that we will undertake. The one page strategy document can be read below.
Our Customer Promise demonstrates the level of service you can expect to receive when contacting us. We expect our staff to provide you with customer care that reflects our organisational values to listen, trust, care, respect and lead. In return we ask you to please treat our staff with respect and not to use abusive or inappropriate language when contacting us:
- We will listen to you and help you to find a solution
- You can trust us to be honest and open with you, and to be professional at all times
- We will be sensitive to your enquiry and will treat it with care. We will explain our decisions and be clear about how we can help
- We will treat you with respect and ask you to do the same
- We will take the lead on making improvements to our services based on your feedback
You said, We did...
We value the feedback that we get from our customers to help us improve the services that we offer. We have made a number of changes to the way we do things in response to such feedback. See 'You said, we did'.
Recognising Excellent Customer Care
If you have experienced excellent customer service from a Mole Valley District Council employee that has not only met, but exceeded your expectations, you could nominate them for a SHINE Award.
Customer Care Standards of Service
- 80% of calls to be answered within 60 seconds
- all emails/letters to be acknowledged within three working days and answered in full within 10 working days of receipt
- all voicemail messages should be responded to within three working days
As part of our commitment to good customer care, we ensure that our reception area is:
- clean and tidy at all times
- accessible for disabled visitors
- equipped with a hearing loop
- open at the published time
- staffed by friendly and helpful employees
- easy to find
At busy times, we may need to ask you to wait. Our reception area offers a variety of seating options and we can offer a private interview room on request which also includes some toys to keep young children amused.
We welcome your feedback on how we are doing both when we do things well and when we need to improve. When visiting us, please take a moment to complete our brief survey so that we can make improvements to our service. If using our website, please use the comments section at the foot of every page.
We recognise that there are times when things can go wrong. If you have a complaint, please ask to speak to the relevant service manager in the first instance so that we can try to resolve it straight away. For formal complaints, please contact us.