Your full council tax bill is based on at least two adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill.
Your council tax bill will be reduced by 25% if the property is your sole and main residence and you are the sole occupier over the age of 18.
Apply for a Single Person Discount ›
People who meet the following categorisation may not count towards the occupancy for Council Tax purposes even if they are over the age of 18:
- People on apprentice schemes
- People in full-time education
- People under the age of 25 who receive funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People's Learning Agency
- Foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
- Student nurses
- People who have a severe mental impairment, as determined by a doctor
- Live-in carers who look after someone who isn't their partner, spouse or child (is said child is under 8 years of age)
Sole or Main Residence Questionnaire
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.