Your full council tax bill is based on at least two adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill.
Your council tax bill will be reduced by 25% if the property is your sole and main residence and you are the sole occupier over the age of 18.
People who meet the following categorisation may not count towards the occupancy for Council Tax purposes even if they are over the age of 18:
- People on apprentice schemes
- People in full-time education
- People under the age of 25 who receive funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People's Learning Agency
- Foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
- Student nurses
- People who have a severe mental impairment, as determined by a doctor
- Live-in carers who look after someone who isn't their partner, spouse or child (is said child is under 8 years of age)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.