Problems Paying

If you are having difficulty paying your council tax, please contact the Revenues team at Mole Valley District Council to discuss payment options. You don't have to pay your Council Tax in one go - you can pay in instalments if you prefer.

If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for Council Tax Support. If you would to find out more, please contact our benefits department on 01306 879187 or alternatively, email

Other discounts are also available, for example, if you live in your property alone.

For more information about these options, please email or call 01306 879293.

If you are having difficulties paying your council tax and you have received any of the following:

  • Summons
  • 14 day Letter
  • Or if your account is with the Enforcement Agency 

Please ONLY email if you have received any of the 3 options mentioned above, all other queries need to be direct to and your query will be dealt with as soon as possible, we work in date order. 

If you are also having difficulty paying other bills, you may wish to consider seeking independent advice regarding your finances.

More information is available from Citizens Advice, Money Advice Service, CAP (Christians Against Poverty) and Debt Advice Locator services.

If you are having difficulties with your water bills help may be available through the Water Support Scheme.