The new look and newly named 'Youth Forum, aimed at 8-18 year olds is going to be predominantly online based moving forward and the vision is to run this through the Youth Forum Instagram and Facebook pages. The decision to take this project forward as an online forum has been made because of the greater potential to reach a wider audience from different backgrounds, compared with the previous format. We will work to identify suitable Council projects and/or consultations that can be used to engage with the young people, who live or go to school in Mole Valley to help give them a voice, understand and influence Council decisions.
What is the purpose of Youth Forum?
- Young people can give their opinions and help shape how Mole Valley delivers its services and how the future will look
- To represent and give young people a voice in the district
- For the Council to hear the opinion of young people on pending decisions, projects and consultations
- To help the Council better understand young people's views
- To give young people an insight into the type and wide variety of work the Council carries out
- To build stronger working relationships with schools, youth clubs, parents and young people in Mole Valley
To keep up to date and to engage with our content please follow us on our social pages, we would love to hear from you.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/molevalleyyouthforum
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/mvyouthforum/
Due to the fact that Facebook and Instagram are not available for those aged under 13, we will hear their opinion through different avenues, such as contacting teachers via schools and student councils, youth groups, scout groups, parents and more.