Pre-Application Advice

We provide pre-application householder advice for existing residential properties in the District. This is a letter based and paid for service. Please complete and submit the form below (see 'Downloads'), which includes notes and the current fee, and what should be submitted with your enquiry, and either send it by email to, or post to Mole Valley District Council, Pippbrook, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SJ

New Development in the Green Belt

MVDC often gets calls from customers who are being offered the 'chance' to buy a piece of land within the Metropolitan Green Belt, with a view to building a new dwelling.  Please be aware that the development of new dwellings within the Green Belt is contrary to national and local planning policies, and will not be granted planning permission.

Surrey County Council

Surrey County Council provide pre-application advice on Transport Development Planning Matters and relevant charges (see 'Internet Links').

Environment Agency

The Environment Agency can provide relevant advice relating to a proposed development or change of use. More information, and an enquiry form, can be found by following the Environment Agency Pre-Application Enquiry Form link (see 'Internet links').


Thames Water provide information about developing a large site on their website. More information and their contact details can be found by following the 'Thames Water Developer Services' link (see 'Internet Links').

In the South of the District, Southern Water provide similar information and offer a pre-development enquiry service. Details can be found by following the 'Southern Water - Developers and Builders' link (see 'Internet Links').