Many of our services have been affected by the recent events, find the latest updates here.
There are two large community recycling centres located in Dorking and Leatherhead. These sites are owned by Surrey County Council and managed by SUEZ Surrey. There are also numerous recycling points for items such as textiles, cartons, card and waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
Bring sites within Mole Valley
There are numerous recycling bring sites in Mole Valley. The items which can be taken to these sites vary so please check what items can be accepted at each site before visiting.
Please ensure that items for textile banks are packed into standard sized carrier bags, rather than large bags such as refuse sacks. Refuse sacks are unlikely to fit through the openings of the textile banks or if they do, will often block the chutes, thus making the banks difficult to use.
- Ashtead, Peace Memorial Hall - cardboard, textiles and shoes, cartons
- Bookham, Lower Shott car park - cartons, textiles, shoes, WEEE, books, CDs and DVDs
- Dorking, Reigate Road car park (behind the Sports Centre) - card, cartons, textiles, shoes, WEEE, books, CDs and DVDs
- Hookwood, Tesco car park - card, paper and textiles
- Leatherhead, Randalls Road car park - cartons, textiles, shoes, WEEE, books, CDs and DVDs
- Leatherhead, Tesco car park - textiles and shoes
- Ockley, Village Hall car park- textiles
Terracycle schemes - for hard to recycle items
Terracycle partners with volunteers from the general public, as well as major consumer product companies, retailers, manufacturers and small businesses, to provide a route for the recycling of items which are not suitable for regular household recycling (i.e. via kerbside collections).
Such items include crisp, biscuit and popcorn packets; bread bags, pet food pouches, home hygiene products, ring carriers and certain types of coffee pods.
In addition, some Terracycle schemes enable the volunteers taking part to generate income for charities, for what they collect.
Tadworth Teracycle is a local volunteer group which collects items for multiple schemes via a number of drop-off points, including locations in Leatherhead and Headley. Their collections raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society, RSPCA and several other charities
More information on the drop-off points and collection schemes can be found on the Tadworth Terracycle Facebook page.