Lost, Damaged, Replacement & New Bins

We are currently experiencing delays with bin deliveries. Please allow up to 21 days for your new container to be delivered. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

MVDC provide wheelie bins for refuse and recycling as well as indoor and outdoor caddies for food waste.

You can also request to have a spare bin removed using the online form.

Request an Additional/Replacement Bin ›


Containers available from MVDC include:

  Standard 240 ltr wheeled bin £54
  Small 140 ltr wheeled bin £34
  Standard 240 ltr wheeled bin £54
  Small 140 ltr wheeled bin £34
Food Waste    
  23 ltr outdoor dark green caddy £7
  7 ltr indoor silver caddy £3 

Please note, the replacement bin supplied may be a clean second hand bin.

Bins that have gone missing following collection may turn up in a couple of days, therefore we ask that residents wait at least 48 hours before requesting a replacement bin.

To reduce the likelihood of your bin being lost of stolen, MVDC advises that residents write their house name or number clearly on their own bin/s.

There is a charge for replacement bins. However, bins that have fallen into the collection vehicle or that have been damaged due to the fault of the contractor are exempt from this charge. 


Additional Bins

Recycling:  We supply up to three recycling bins per household. Please note there is a charge for each recycling bin. Alternatively, clear recycling sacks can be used if you produce excess recycling on an ad hoc basis (e.g. around Christmas). Clear recycling sacks can be purchased from supermarkets. 

Refuse:  Each household is provided with one refuse bin as standard and any extra rubbish (side waste) is not collected. If you are a large household, have children in nappies, or have medical waste that you need to dispose of regularly you may qualify for an additional temporary refuse bin. You can apply for a temporary additional rubbish bin using the online form. A delivery charge of £17 may apply. 


New bins

Existing properties

Existing properties in the district should already have bins. Residents moving into an existing property without bins can request them online. Please note that a charge is applied.

New build properties

Please check with the property developer as to whether they have ordered bins for your property before requesting them via our online form.

Communal properties

Flats and communal properties are supplied with large bulk refuse bins, recycling bins and food waste bins. Requests for new or additional bulk bins should be directed to your managing agent or housing association.