Use an independent benefits calculator at GOV.UK to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
To use these you'll need accurate information about your:
- income, including your partner's (from pay slips, for example)
- existing benefits and pensions (including anyone living with you)
- outgoings (such as rent, mortgage, childcare payments)
- council tax bill
These calculators are anonymous and free to use.
For more information on Council Tax Support, please visit our Council Tax Support web page.
For more information on Housing Benefit including who can claim, please visit our Housing Benefit web page.