Financial Support for Residents

Has your income reduced or stopped?

Apply for the test and trace self-isolation payment

Council Tax

Council Tax Support

Help with Your Living Expenses

Notify us of a Change in Circumstance

Help with Debt Advice


Council Tax

Your Council Tax provides the money that pays for services to the most vulnerable people in our community, which is particularly vital at the moment.  Please do continue to make your payments as usual if you are able to, to help us support your local neighbours, friends and family.

There may be some of you who will find it very difficult to make Council Tax payments in the current climate and we do understand this.

We do ask that you contact us via or 01306 885001 if you're unable to pay your council tax, so we are aware of your circumstances and can discuss next steps including payment plans tailored to individual needs. The council tax situation is constantly reviewed to make sure that our residents receive the support required in this unprecedented times.

We value your support in working together.

Council Tax Support

If you are now on reduced hours, have lost your job or your work has stopped, Mole Valley Benefits Section may be able to provide help towards your Council Tax. This help is given when applying for Council Tax Support. For more information:

Council Tax Support.

Council Tax Covid-19 Hardship Fund

Help with Your Mortgage, Rent or other Living Expenses

If you are struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments the latest advice from the Financial Conduct Authority on Mortgages and the Coronavirus can be found here.

If you need help with your rent or other living expenses, then you may qualify for other state benefits including Universal Credit. 

More information on Coronavirus and claiming benefits >>

The Universal Credit helpline is 0800 328 5644.  

How to Notify us of a Change in Circumstance 

If you already receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you can notify us of changes using our online form. Visit our Change in Circumstance web page for more information.

Help with Debt Advice

For more general debt advice please go to the Citizens Advice or Money Advice Service websites.

Household Support Fund

Surrey County Council is the lead authority for the Household Support Fund and more information about the fund distribution can be found here