Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games (SSYG), sponsored by Specsavers, is the largest multi-sport youth event in the county and gives young people (aged 6 to 16 years) experience of a competitive, countywide sporting tournament.
About the Games
The games are spread over a single weekend every year and it brings together children from all over the county, where each of the eleven districts and boroughs in Surrey compete against each other in a variety of sports.
Children in the district get up to eight weeks free coaching in a range of different sports and then get selected to compete for Mole Valley.
The Specsavers Surrey Youth Games 2019 will take place at Surrey Sports Park in Guildford on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June.
Eligibility for the Games
To compete for Mole Valley District Council you must:
- live or go to school in Mole Valley
- be of the correct age and gender for the sport you wish to take part in.
- not be representing a club in the sport you wish to take part in
- unfortunately, it is only possible to register to compete in a maximum of two sports on the weekend of the SYG tournament (one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday). It is not possible to compete in two different sports on the same day of the games weekend
- want to have loads of fun!
Mole Valley Surrey Youth Games Training Timetable
|Sport||Gender||Ages||School Year||Training Venue||Day||Dates||Time||Capacity|
|Badminton U11||Mixed||9 - 11 yrs||5 & 6||The Ashcombe School, Dorking, RH4 1LY||Wednesdays||24 Apr - 12 June||6.30 - 7.30pm||30|
|Badminton U14||Mixed||11 - 14 yrs||7 - 9||The Ashcombe School, Dorking, RH4 1LY||Wednesdays||24 Apr - 12 June||7.45 - 9pm||30|
|*Boccia||Mixed||7 - 18 yrs||3 - 11||Dorking United Reformed Church, 53 West Street, Dorking, RH4 1BS||Thursdays||25 Apr - 13 June||4.30 - 5.30pm||20|
|Boxing||Mixed||11 - 16 yrs||7 - 11||Ultifit Boxing Club, 5 Kingslea, Leatherhead, KT22 7SN||Saturdays||27 Apr - 8 June||12 - 1pm||15|
|**Couch to 2k||Mixed||12 - 16 yrs||8 - 11||The Priory School, Dorking, RH4 3DG||Mondays||29 Apr - 10 June||3.45 - 4.30pm||15|
|**Couch to 2k||Mixed||12 - 16 yrs||8 - 11||Therfield School, Leatherhead, KT22 7NZ||Thursdays||2 May - 13 June||3.30 - 4.15pm||15|
|Football||Girls||6 - 8 yrs||2 & 3||KGV Playing Fields, Chart Downs, Dorking, RH5 4EF||Fridays||26 Apr - 14 June||5 - 6pm||30|
|Judo||Mixed||8 - 12 yrs||3 - 7||Dorking Sports Centre, Dorking, RH4 1SN||Saturdays||27 Apr - 8 June||5.15 - 6.15pm||15|
|Lacrosse||Mixed||11 - 15 yrs||7 - 10||Meadowbank Park, Dorking, RH4 1DX||Mondays||29 Apr - 10 June||6 - 7pm||30|
|Netball High 5||Girls||8 - 10 yrs||4 & 5||Manor House School, Little Bookham, Leatherhead, KT23 4EN|
|29 Apr - 10 June||5.30 - 7pm||30|
|Netball U12||Girls||10 - 12 yrs||6 & 7||Manor House School, Little Bookham, Leatherhead, KT23 4EN||Mondays||29 Apr - 10 June||7 - 8.30pm||30|
|***Squash U10||Mixed||7 - 10 yrs||3 - 5|
Dorking Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, Dorking, RH4 3ET
|Tuesdays||30 Apr - 14 May||4.30 - 5.30pm||18|
|***Squash U10||Mixed||7 - 10 yrs||3 - 5||Ashtead Squash and Tennis Club, Ashtead, KT21 2NN||Tuesdays||21 May - 11 June||4.30 - 5.30pm||18|
|***Squash U13||Mixed||10 - 13 yrs||6 - 8||Ashtead Squash and Tennis Club, Ashtead, KT21 2NN||Tuesdays||30 Apr - 14 May||4.30 - 5.30pm||18|
|***Squash U13||Mixed||10 - 13 yrs||6 - 8||Dorking Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, Dorking, RH4 3ET|
|21 May - 11 June||4.30 - 5.30pm||18|
|Table Tennis U12||Mixed||9 - 12 yrs||5 - 7||Dorking Sports Centre, Dorking, RH4 1SN||Fridays||26 Apr - 14 June||4.30 - 5.30pm||16|
|Table Tennis U15||Mixed||12 - 15 yrs||8 - 10||Dorking Sports Centre, Dorking, RH4 1SN||Fridays||26 Apr - 14 June||5.30 - 6.30pm||16|
|Tennis||Mixed||7 - 8 yrs||3||Dorking Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, Dorking, RH4 3ET||Tuesdays||23 Apr - 11 June||4.30 - 5.30pm||30|
- *Boccia is a sport aimed at players with physical impairment and/or severe and mild learning difficulties
- **Couch to 2k is aimed at young people who are not playing a sport and who are not regularly active
- ***Squash U10 will be held in Dorking for first 3 weeks and Ashtead for final 3 weeks. U13 will be in Ashtead for first 3 weeks and Dorking for final 3 weeks
- There is no guarantee of selection to take part in in the competition weekend
- Places on the training sessions are subject to availability. Register ASAP to avoid disappointment
- Only weekend sessions will run during half term
Last year during the weekend of a very warm weekend, 120 sporting stars from Mole Valley were given the opportunity to experience SSYG and were able to showcase their talents and teamwork against other children from all the different districts/boroughs in Surrey.
Across the 15 teams Mole Valley entered into the games they did brilliantly and managed to accumulate three medals overall, and 10 individual judo medals doing the District extremely proud.
For further information about the SSYG please visit Active Surrey's website.