Planning Information and Links
In addition to the planning related pages on Mole Valley District Council's (MVDC's) website, further information is available via links to external web sites on this page.
Planning related web sites, including the UK Government's national Planning Portal, provide advice on various aspects of the planning process in England. This includes:
- Guidance about extending your home
- Your right to light
- Party walls
- Greener homes and micro-generation
- Protecting your home from flooding, and what to do following a flood
- Guidance about shop front design
The Planning Portal Website
The Planning Portal is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource web site. It explains how the planning system plays an important role in helping to protect the environment in both towns and the countryside, and provides the tools to explain general planning rules and building regulations. It also provides:
- Guidance about the regulations regarding any building work you perform around your house
- Interactive house guides to learn about planning and building regulations
- Help to apply for planning permission
- Help to appeal against a planning decision
Choosing an Architect
Mole Valley District Council can't recommend architects. However, by law, anyone who calls themselves an architect must be trained, qualified and registered with the Architects Registration Board (ARB). To help you choose, try talking to other people who have employed the services of an architect, or look in paper or online directories of trade's people. The ARB have an online register of qualified architects, or phone 0800 389 6221. More information can be found in the links on this page.
If you are unsure about whether you need to apply for planning permission, please contact MVDC before carrying out any work.
For more information
Call 01306 885001, or email email@example.com Please include a full postal address of the property and as much relevant information regarding your proposals as possible.