Mole Valley has 41 Councillors, representing 21 wards in the District. The political balance at the Council is 19 Conservative, 15 Liberal Democrat, 6 Independent and 1 UKIP councillor, which means that no one party has overall control.
A meeting of the full Council is usually held at least six times a year and is chaired by the Chairman of the Council. These meetings are open to members of the public and are webcast online, unless stated otherwise.
Full Council is responsible for a number of key functions, which include:
- Agreeing the Council's policy framework and budget
- Approving plans and strategies
- Electing the Leader and members of the Executive
- Electing the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Council
- Making amendments to the Council's constitution
The Chairman of the Council for 2014/2015 is Councillor Emile Aboud and the Vice-Chairman is Councillor Margaret Cooksey.