Privacy Notice for Youth Showcase Awards
Mole Valley District Council ("MVDC") is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC, Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
A) Until Friday 28 February 2020 the legal basis for storing the following information is on the basis this is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller:
(i) the identity and contact details of nominees,
(ii) brief details of why they have been nominated, and
(iii) (where the nominee is under 13 years old) contact details for parent(s)/ guardians ("together the Nominations Details")
No sensitive information is held in connection with nominations.
- Following receipt of the nominations MVDC may need to contact the nominator to clarify information provided within the application form.
- Following receipt of nominations MVDC will contact the data subject who has been nominated for the award, using the contact details provided, and setting out the details of the nomination in order to seek their consent to the continued processing of the Nominations Details. Consent will also be requested at this time to invite the nominee and the nominee's parent/guardian to the Mole Valley Youth Showcase Award Evening if your nomination is being shortlisted, and, if you win an Award being published on MVDC's website and/ or on other social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram ("together the Shortlisting Details").
B) If consent has not been received by Friday 6 March 2020 then the Nominations Details will be destroyed immediately. Subject to consent being received by Friday 6 March 2020 the legal basis for holding the Nominations Details and the Shortlisting Details is that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes. For nominees under 13 years of age, parental consent or consent of a guardian will be sought. Consent for the continued processing of any or all of the Nominations Details and/ or Shortlisting Details can be withdrawn at any time by contacting YouthVoice@molevalley.gov.uk.
MVDC will not use your personal data for any other purposes without your consent.
MVDC's policy sets out how MVDC will comply with the data protection principles and clarifies MVDC's policies regarding the retention and erasure of relevant personal data.
The source of the personal data:
You, your parent/guardian or other person nominating you are the source of your personal data. Personal information relating to you may be gathered from information you have provided on MVDC's request. Alternatively, information may be gathered where you have responded to MVDC adverts on social media (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
The data you provide is received by the MVDC Officer responsible for youth initiatives/events and is not shared outside of Mole Valley District Council by the panel when choosing who to shortlist and who has won awards.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union unless this is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
How long the personal data will be kept for:
In the case of the Mole Valley Youth Awards, all personal data submitted as part of the nomination process will be deleted following the conclusion of the respective annual awards ceremony other than in respect of any personal information that has been more widely published (if you have consented to this). MVDC will no longer be the data controller in respect of any continued processing by third party publishers or other entities responsible for social media platforms.
For nominators 13 years and older, all personal data submitted as part of the nomination process will be subject to one of two retention periods; (i) until the conclusion of the respective annual awards ceremony (if consent is not provided), and (ii) one year from the date of receipt if consent is provided (in which case nominators will be contacted in respect of the following year's showcase award). For nominators aged under 13 years of age no data will be held after the conclusion of the awards ceremony.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
You have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
- see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
- have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
- request your personal data is erased (though this right will not apply where MVDC is processing your personal data because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation);
- request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
- object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
- Withdraw consent (see below)
If you have provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by e mailing YouthVoice@molevalley.gov.uk
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC's website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you've visited before
This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before
Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
Like _ga, this lets us know if you've visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page
This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK
This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser
When you close your browser
This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine)
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.