Privacy Notice for Inclusive Sport
Mole Valley District Council ("MVDC") is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885 001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879 354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
MVDC is able to process your personal data in order to organise the Inclusive Sport project because it is exercising an official authority vested in MVDC as the data controller. Specifically, MVDC has the ability to provide assistance for recreational events. The extent of this power is set out in [the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 (s19)].
MVDC can also process your personal information because this is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to the contract being concluded.
The source of the personal data:
All personal information held about you will be collected directly from you, a friend or family member.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
1) MVDC Sports & Communities Officer who is involved in the administration and management of the Inclusive Sport project.
2) Inclusive Sport Partner Club. Those clubs are:
I. Ashcombe Volleyball Club
II. Bookham Rifle Club
III. Dorking Tennis Club
IV. Futsal Fever
V. Great Waves
VI. High Ashurst
VII. Leatherhead & Dorking Gymnastics Club
VIII. Mole Valley Walk for Health
IX. Momentum Parkour
X. Pachesham Golf Club
XI. YMCA East Surrey
Your personal details will only be shared with the appropriate club to the activity you are interested in.
Your age, gender and disability will be processed to monitor the Inclusive Sport project. All Inclusive Sport participant reports will be anonymised.
The Inclusive Sport Partner Clubs are Data Processors. They will not process your personal information unless this is on written instructions from MVDC. From May 2018 Data Processing Agreements will set out the terms of the processing by these organisations.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC's Data Retention Policy  year after registration.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you, however, if you do not it may not be possible to be involved in the Mole Valley Inclusive Sport offer.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
- have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
- request your personal data is erased (though this right is subject to some caveats which we will inform about (if relevant) when your application for erasure is received.
- request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
- object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC's website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
Name Purpose Expires
_ga This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you've visited before 2 years
_gid This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before 24 hours
_gat Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made 10 minutes
Name Purpose Expires
_utma Like _ga, this lets us know if you've visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page 2 years
_utmb This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK 30 minutes
_utmc This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser When you close your browser
_utmz This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine) 6 months
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.