Privacy Notice for Consultations: Non-Planning
Mole Valley District Council ("MVDC").
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885 001.
SurveyMonkey Europe UC, email@example.com
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879 354
MVDC creates, sends and manages non-Planning related consultations using SurveyMonkey. MVDC is the body exercising control over the purpose and the manner in which your personal data is processed. This means that MVDC is your data controller. SurveyMonkey performs data processing functions on behalf of MVDC. SurveyMonkey's data processing functions are carried out by it pursuant to the terms of a Data Processing Agreement. Further details of the Data Processing Agreement are available on request.
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
The vast majority of consultations are completely anonymous and do not ask for any personal (name or email) or sensitive information. MVDC will only collect personal information if there is a good reason for doing so. There are many reasons why MVDC might ask you to provide personal information. In most cases, this will be because your personal data will help MVDC analyse the responses, which will help MVDC improve its services, under Public Interest (General Data Protection Act 2018, Article 6e).
If MVDC asks for your name or email address (or any additional personal or sensitive data), the reason for this will always be clearly outlined in the consultation. Providing your personal data will always be optional, and it will not be compulsory, or forced, to complete those fields.
The source of the personal data:
Should you choose to complete a field in any one of MVDC's consultations in which you are asked to provide personal data, you are the source of providing the personal data. Where you complete fields asking for your personal data, providing that information means you are giving your consent for MVDC to use it for the purposes outlined in the consultation. You may opt-out at any time. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating which consultation want your personal data to be deleted from.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
Further information on onward transfers:
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC's Data Retention Policy.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
- see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
- request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
- be given a copy of your personal data in an accessible electronic format;
- have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you, and to have incomplete personal data completed. In certain situations however, MVDC can retain the personal data in dispute. You will be informed whether this is the case when we respond to your request.
- object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for processing which overrides your interests);
- request your personal data is erased (though this right will not apply where MVDC is processing your personal data because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation);
- if you have provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data by SurveyMonkey, please contact them directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SurveyMonkey's Privacy Notice can be found here:www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
Name Purpose Expires
_ga This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you've visited before 2 years
_gid This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before 24 hours
_gat Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made 10 minutes
Name Purpose Expires
_utma Like _ga, this lets us know if you've visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page 2 years
_utmb This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK 30 minutes
_utmc This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser When you close your browser
_utmz This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine) 6 months
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.