Privacy Notice for Strategy and Corporate Support: Youth
Mole Valley District Council ("MVDC") is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC, Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
Should the data subject provide consent to the processing of his or her personal data, the personal data provided will be used for one or more specific purposes. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Attendance to Youth Voice meetings and events
- Attendance to Youth Voice Junior meetings and events
- Consent to undertake work experience
The personal data provided by you will be used:
- For the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We will not use your personal data for any other purposes without your consent, or without telling you first.
MVDC's policy sets out how MVDC will comply with the data protection principles and clarifies MVDC's policies regarding the retention and erasure of relevant personal data.
The source of the personal data:
You or your parent/guardian are the source of your personal data. Personal information about you relating to you may be gathered from information you have provided on MVDC's request. Alternatively, information may be gathered where you have responded to MVDC adverts on social media (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) relating to events such as the Youth Showcase Awards.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
The data you provide is received by the MVDC Officer responsible for youth initiatives/events and is not shared unless required for administration purposes.
Names and photographs may be used for promotional purposes on MVDC social media sites including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram only with your consent. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union unless this is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC's Data Retention Policy.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
- see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
- have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
- request your personal data is erased (though this right will not apply where MVDC is processing your personal data because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation);
- request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
- object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
- Withdraw consent (see below)
If you have provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by e mailing StrategicLeadership@molevalley.gov.uk
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC's website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you've visited before
This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before
Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
Like _ga, this lets us know if you've visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page
This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK
This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser
When you close your browser
This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine)
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.