|Website URL : http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=40924|
Privacy Notice for Strategy and Corporate Support
Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC, Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
Should the data subject provide consent to the processing of his or her personal data, the personal data provided will be used for one or more specific purposes. This includes (but is not limited to) the processing of personal data in relation to Resident Associations and correspondence involving Parish Clerks.
The processing of personal data is necessary:
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We will not use your personal data for any other purposes without your consent, or without telling you first.
The source of the personal data:
You are the source of personal data held about you. Your personal information is processed and controlled for the purposes for which you have consented.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
The data you provide is received by the MVDC Officer you have directly contacted and is only shared with other MVDC Officers if it is required in order for them to perform their duty.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union unless this is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC's Data Retention Policy.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
· see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
· have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
· request your personal data is erased (though this right will not apply where MVDC is processing your personal data because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation);
· request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
· object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
· Withdraw consent (see below)
If you have provided consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by e mailing StrategicLeadership@molevalley.gov.uk
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC's website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.
© 2019 Mole Valley, Pippbrook, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1SJ.
Tel: +44 (0)1306 885001 Fax: +44 (0)1306 876821, 2019.