Privacy Notice for Planning
Mole Valley District Council ("MVDC") is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data is processed.
Data Controller's contact details:
MVDC Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor). Telephone: 01306 879354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
MVDC has statutory duties on planning set out in The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
Should you make a planning application to MVDC the personal data provided by you will be used:
- as part of the public register (the name and address of the applicant is displayed on the website and distributed to third parties);
- to contact you about issues relating directly to your planning application;
- to request you to provide any further details or information relating directly to your planning application
Should you make a representation to MVDC in relation to a planning application the personal data provided by you will be:
- displayed on the Council's website with telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures redacted
- used to notify you of any amendments to the application
- used to notify you if the application is a speaking item to be decided by the Development Control Committee
- used to notify you if the application is taken to appeal
Should you report a breach of planning control to MVDC the personal data provided by you will be used:
- to contact you about issues relating directly to your planning enforcement complaint
- to request you to provide any further details or information relating directly to your planning enforcement complaint
Should you be the subject of a planning enforcement complaint, your information may be used as part of an investigation. If you are issued with a Planning Enforcement Notice, that Notice will be displayed on the council's website. We will use your information for the purpose of performing any of our statutory enforcement duties and we will make any disclosures required by law.
The source of the personal data:
For the purpose of planning applications and representations on those applications the source of the personal data is you, or any third party or planning agent that you have employed to make your application or representation.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
MVDC staff involved in the administration and management of the public register and associated Development Management function.
In addition, your information may be shared with third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing crime.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or European Union unless this is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied with your planning application will be retained on the public register indefinitely in order to meet our statutory obligation under The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015. Letters of representation and any personal information contained therein will be destroyed after 4 years in accordance with the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you, however failure to provide the correct details on your application will result in the Council being unable to validate, register and determine your application.
Furthermore, failure to provide a name and address with your representation will mean that the Council cannot take your comments into account.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
From 25 May 2018 you will have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
- see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
- have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you
- request your personal data is erased (though this right will not apply where MVDC is processing your personal data because it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation).
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC's website informing the public of any relevant changes
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
MVDC uses Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.molevalley.gov.uk. MVDC does this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
This helps us count how many people visit molevalley.gov.uk by tracking if you've visited before
This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before
Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
Like _ga, this lets us know if you've visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to GOV.UK or to a certain page
This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on GOV.UK
This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser
When you close your browser
This tells us how you reached GOV.UK (for example from another website or a search engine)
How do I prevent being tracked by Google Analytics?
If you are uncomfortable with this tracking, you can take the following actions:
- Use a tracking-blocker, such as Privacy Badger
- Clear cookies after every browsing session
Install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.