Stay Well This Winter
The Stay Well This Winter campaign is a joint initiative from NHS England and Public Health England, to help people with long-term health conditions and those over 65 prepare for winter and ward off common winter illnesses.
Winter can be seriously bad for the health of these people, increasing the risk of blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes. There are a number of things you can do to prepare against the cold weather:
• At the first sign of a cough or cold, get immediate advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious
• Speak to your pharmacist about medicines you should have in stock over winter
• Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start as many GPs and pharmacies will close over the holidays
• It is important to keep warm in winter, so heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can, you might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer
• Make sure you get your flu jab - participating pharmacists in the Surrey Downs area
• If you need help over the holiday period when your GP surgery or pharmacy is closed, call NHS 111 or visit www.nhs.uk
The Stay Well This Winter campaign can help you and your family prepare for winter.
Visit nhs.uk/staywell for more information.
Printer Friendly Version