Housing Service Achieves Customer Service Accreditation
Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) began its customer care programme in 2016, with the ambition of improving standards of customer care across the organisation.
As part of this programme, the first three MVDC services entered for Customer Service Excellence accreditation successfully achieved the standard required: Customer Service Team; Planning Policy and Environmental Services (bins and recycling).
Following the assessment of MVDC's Housing Service, the Housing team were found to have a deep understanding of, and commitment to, Customer Service Excellence. They were awarded 10 good practices as part of their assessment. Highlights included (as quoted from the assessment document):
- The recent Homelessness Review has been integral to the development of the Homelessness Strategy. This has been related closely to the Service's involvement in the 'National Practitioner Support Service (NPSS) Gold Standard' initiative* which is based on peer review and actions taken to address specified challenges
- As with other MVDC services, there is a clear "golden thread" linking corporate aspirations and the resultant strategies which inform the development of service actions and processes
- The Housing team were the first, and to date, the only service team to be nominated and win the coveted Above and Beyond award within Mole Valley District Council
- The Housing team has established an impressive range of partnered arrangements to ensure co-ordinated services which offer demonstrable benefits to customers
- The Housing Team's efforts in leading and sustaining complex arrangements required to support the small number of Syrian refugee families housed and supported in the District have been deeply impressive
- The Service has established an effective and accessible Duty Officer roster which ensures that there is always someone available to deal with what can often be emergency contacts for the resident involved
*The NPSS provides advice and support to help local authorities deliver more efficient and effective homelessness prevention services. In February 2016, MVDC became the first local authority in Surrey to be awarded bronze status by the NPSS and, in November later that year, MVDC joined 14 other authorities nationwide to successfully attain Silver Standard status.
If you or someone you know faces the possibility of homelessness, please contact MVDC on 01306 885001 or visit the Housing section on our website.
Printer Friendly Version