SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT LINKS
Every day thousands of employees travel to work in Leatherhead but can feel disconnected from the town and leisure centre even though distances are short. By improving walking and cycling facilities between Leatherhead Station and the Springfield Drive/Park View and Cleeve Road business parks, commuting and lunch time travel by bike or on foot will become a viable and attractive option.
- A new wide off-road path for cyclists and pedestrians along the north side of Randalls Road. This will connect Station Approach with Cleeve Road.
- A signed on-road route for cyclists with cycle friendly traffic management will continue along Cleeve Road to create a safe route to local businesses including Unilever, KBR and CGI.
- A route for cyclists from Station Road to Randalls Road through the Mole Business Park.
- Make it easier and safer for c. 10,000 employees to travel by bike and on foot between the business parks, Leatherhead train station and the town centre.
- Easier and safer for residents to cycle and walk to and from the station.
- Reduced parking pressure at the station and local businesses.
- Encourage more people working in Leatherhead to spend time (e.g. lunch breaks) in Leatherhead town centre.
- Reduced congestion in Leatherhead at peak times, particularly around the station.
We are also looking at potential new cycle routes on Waterway Road and the Town Bridge as part of the wider evaluation of the transport network.