The Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) website has been designed to be accessible and easy to use. The site uses design features that allows visitors who use assistive technologies to successfully navigate the site.
In order to provide a high level of accessibility, this website has been developed to "HTML 5" standard and to be compliant with the latest security recommendations. As a consequence, some older versions of Internet Explorer and other browsers may have difficulty with some features or facilities.
If you have found it difficult to access a page or pages on this website, MVDC would like to know. Please email email@example.com, specifying which page or pages you had difficulty accessing.
If you require any of our web pages or documents in another format or language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The size of the text on our web pages can be resized using your browser controls. Visit the W3C Web Accessibility website for further information.
Listen to articles
If you have trouble reading text online you can use our ReadSpeaker tool to have the text read out loud to you. It is really simple to use and as a user you don't have to download anything.
We offer an SMS text facility for those who are deaf or hard of hearing: 07771 576411.
Google's free service, Google Translate can translate words, phrases and web pages between English and over 100 languages.
The majority of downloadable documents on this site are PDFs and will require you to have 'Adobe Acrobat Reader' on your computer to open those files. This software is free and can be downloaded at the Adobe site (see 'Internet Links'). While many of the old PDFs on this site are not accessible, MVDC is committed to ensuring that all new PDF documents loaded to the site are.
If you require a PDF document/s in an alternative format e.g. Word, MVDC will endeavour to comply with your request.
Navigation via your keyboard
- Tab: Moves through links on a page
- Backspace: You will be able to revisit previous pages without using the 'back button' in your browser
- Alt and Left arrow/cursor: moves you back through the pages you've already visited
- Alt and Right arrow/cursor: moves you forward through the pages you've already visited
- Ctrl and Home: Takes you to the top of the page
- Ctrl and End: Takes you to the bottom of the page
- Spacebar: Scrolls down the page
- Page Up: Scrolls up the page
- Page Down: Scrolls down the page