Free Access for County Sports People
Free Access for County Sports People (FACS) is a sports development initiative which aims to provide county level performers with the support and encouragement they require to reach their full potential.
Mole Valley District Council's FACS scheme enables eligible young sports people who compete at county level or above and who live in the district to use leisure facilities in Mole Valley for free.
Send a photo of yourself and a supporting letter from your coach or governing body to email@example.com
If you are aged 18 years or over then you'll also need to provide proof of address and proof of age.
Please allow up to 30 days for your card to be processed.
Please visit the Active Surrey website for information about the Elite scheme, which is a talented athlete support scheme that assists local young athletes for future Olympic and Paralympic Games. More information can also be found on the Backing the Best scheme, which financially supports young elite athletes.
Terms and conditions apply
All FACS scheme users:
- must be no older than 25
- must represent a county team or above
- must be a resident of Mole Valley
- membership will be offered only for the sports which are recognised on the Sport England website
- applicants must provide a letter from their governing body or head coach supporting their application
Once a valid FACS card is issued:
- the card should be shown to the relevant sports or leisure centre on every visit
- can only use facilities that complement the sport they represent their county in
- can only use facilities when they are available and the use does not prevent the use of a paying customer
- cannot book free facilities in advance
- if the fitness suite is to be used, age restrictions may apply and an induction must be completed and paid for
"I can't thank Mole Valley District Council enough for their brilliant FACS scheme. After a promising start to my athletics career, 2014 and 2015 have proved difficult with injuries impeding my progression. The ability to use local facilities has been invaluable to my recovery as I haven't had to battle with the long commute to my regular training base at this difficult time.
I'm glad to say I'm finally emerging from my injury woes and thanks to the FACS scheme, I will be coming back to my sport stronger than ever. Right in time for 2016 Olympic year!"
Greg Cackett - GB and England 100m and 200m sprinter
For more information
Please contact the Partnerships Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.