Delivering great customer service is important to us. We show this by including in our Corporate Strategy our five core values which make up our Customer Promise. They include listening to the feedback we receive and using it to help us improve our services, and recognising staff and partners who have gone 'above and beyond' in caring for our customers. We are also taking our frontline services through the national Customer Service Excellence accreditation process.
Customer Service Excellence
Customer Service Excellence (CSE) is a trade mark of the Cabinet Office. There are 57 criteria that make up the standard which are independently assessed by an external assessor. The assessment comprises five broad categories as follows:
- Customer Insight - which includes how we identify our customers, engagement and consultation and customer satisfaction measures.
- The Culture of the Organisation - includes leadership, policy and culture; and staff professionalism and attitude
- Information and Access - includes the range and quality of information available, how customers can access the service, co-operative working with other partners, providers and communities
- Delivery - includes delivery standards, achieved delivery and outcomes, and whether we deal effectively with problems
- Timeliness and Quality of Service - includes the standards we work to for timeliness and quality, timely outcomes and achieving timely delivery
Since December 2016, we are delighted that six frontline service areas have achieved CSE accreditation. These are:
- Customer Services
- Environmental Services
- Planning Policy
- Planning Support
You said, We did...
We value the feedback that we get from our customers to help us improve the services that we offer. We have made a number of changes to the way we do things in response to such feedback. See 'You said, we did'.
Recognising Excellent Customer Care
If you have experienced excellent customer service from a Mole Valley District Council employee that has not only met, but exceeded your expectations, you could nominate them for an 'Above and Beyond' Customer Service Award.
Our Customer Promise demonstrates the level of service you can expect to receive when contacting us. We expect our staff to provide you with customer care that reflects our organisational values to listen, trust, care, respect and lead.
- We will listen to you and help you to find a solution
- You can trust us to be honest and open with you, and to be professional at all times
- We will be sensitive to your enquiry and will treat it with care. We will explain our decisions and be clear about how we can help
- We will treat you with respect and ask you to do the same
- We will take the lead on making improvements to our services based on your feedback
Customer Care Standards of Service
- 80% of calls to be answered within 20 seconds
- all emails/letters to be acknowledged within three working days and answered in full within 10 working days of receipt
- all voicemail messages should be responded to within three working days
- aim to see customers in reception within five minutes
As part of our commitment to good customer care, we ensure that our reception area is:
- clean and tidy at all times
- accessible for disabled visitors
- equipped with a hearing loop
- open at the published time
- staffed by friendly and helpful employees
- easy to find
At busy times, we may need to ask you to wait. Our reception area offers a variety of seating options and we provide a range of leaflets about different Council services for you to read and take home. We can offer a private interview room on request which also includes provision for young children.
We welcome your feedback on how we are doing both when we do things well and when we need to improve. When visiting us, please take a moment to complete our brief survey so that we can make improvements to our service. If using our website, please use the comments section at the foot of every page.
We recognise that there are times when things can go wrong. If you have a complaint, please ask to speak to the relevant service manager in the first instance so that we can try to resolve it straight away. For formal complaints, please contact us.