Bulky Waste Collections
MVDC offers a collection service for bulky household items.
Please note, Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) will collect the following items, which must be placed outside your property by 6am on the morning of your collection.
- beds (including mattresses)
- fridge/freezers (maximum two fridges and two freezers per collection)
- white goods
- washing machines
If you are unsure about whether MVDC will collect a particular item, please call 01306 885001 or email email@example.com
- single item: £40
- each additional item £10 - to a maximum of 9 additional items
MVDC is unable to collect the following items:
- car/motorbike parts
- commercial/trade waste
- concrete posts
- construction/DIY waste
- fluid containers e.g. drums
- garage doors over 6ft x 6ft in size
- garden waste (Garden Waste Collection Service available)
- gas bottles
- large gates
Please contact SUEZ Surrey on 0208 329 1030 for advice on how to dispose of any of the above items that MVDC cannot collect.
A collection day will be arranged with you, usually within three working days. Please note we are unable to offer collections at the weekends or on Bank Holidays. Payment can be made on the phone by using a debit or credit card. You can also book and pay for the service at the payment kiosk at MVDC's Pippbrook offices in Dorking and the HelpShop in Leatherhead.
Terms and Conditions
- Once the collection has been arranged and the payment has been processed, you must make the items available at the agreed location by 6:00am on the day of collection.
- No refunds can be given if the service is cancelled within 24 hours of your appointment.
- If items are removed by other parties before we make a collection that is at your risk and no refund or part credit will be made.
- Bookings once made cannot be changed. If you want to have more or different items collected to that specified within your original order you will need to make a new booking for them.
- Items are only collected from an area within the property boundary running alongside the nearest highway.
- We need clear and level access to where you will leave your items and cannot remove bulky items from up/down steps. If the items are not left in a suitable location then we will not be able to collect them.
- We will only collect items listed in the booking form.
- Large items, such as children's play equipment, must be dismantled before collection.
- Please ensure all soft furnishings e.g. mattresses are protected from rain as if the item(s) become soaked and too heavy to lift they will not be taken.
Surrey Reuse Network
If you believe that your items are reusable or can be fixed, you may wish to have them collected by the Surrey Reuse Network to be re-conditioned and put back into the community. Although there is no charge, a donation towards van running costs of £15 per collection is invited. To arrange a collection call 01737 773133.