Bulky Waste Collections
MVDC offers a collection service for bulky household items, rubble and plasterboard.
Please note, Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) will collect the following items, which must be placed outside your property by 7.30am on the morning of your collection.
- beds (including mattresses)
- fridge/freezers (maximum two fridges and two freezers per collection)
- white goods
- washing machines
If you are unsure about whether MVDC will collect a particular item, please call 01306 885001 or email Environmental.Services@molevalley.gov.uk
- single item: £40
- two to five items: £79
- six to 10 items: £139
Construction / DIY waste
MVDC is able to collect bags of rubble or plasterboard from households.
- MVDC will offer one-off collections of this type of waste
- repeated bookings will not be accepted. Residents are advised to hire a skip or private firm to remove larger amounts of rubble
- the rubble or plasterboard waste must be placed in plastic rubble bags (around 60cm x 90cm, available at all hardware stores)
- there is a minimum charge of £30
- there is a maximum of 20 bags collected
- MVDC will only collect construction waste i.e. bricks, rubble and plasterboard through this service
- the rubble and plasterboard must be kept separate i.e. be unmixed in separate bags
Construction / DIY waste
- £6 per bag of rubble or plasterboard
- minimum charge is £30
- maximum collection of 20 bags is £120
Items not collected
MVDC is unable to collect the following items:
- car/motorbike parts
- commercial/trade waste
- concrete posts
- fluid containers e.g. drums
- garage doors over 6ft x 6ft in size
- garden waste (Garden Waste Collection Service available)
- gas bottles
- large gates
Please contact SITA Surrey on 0208 329 1030 for advice on how to dispose of any of the above items that MVDC cannot collect.
A collection day will be arranged with you when you call, usually within three working days. Payment can be made on the phone by using a debit or credit card. You can also book and pay for the service at the cash desk at MVDC's Pippbrook offices in Dorking and the HelpShop in Leatherhead.
Surrey Reuse Network
If you believe that your items are reusable or can be fixed, you may wish to have them collected by the Surrey Reuse Network to be re-conditioned and put back into the community. Although there is no charge, a donation towards van running costs of £15.00 per collection is invited. To arrange a collection call 0800 082 0180 and select option 5.