Bulky Waste Collections

MVDC offers a collection service for bulky household items.

Request a Bulky Waste Collection ›

Please note, Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) will collect the following items, which must be placed outside your property by 6am on the morning of your collection.

Household items

  • beds (including mattresses)
  • fridge/freezers (maximum two fridges and two freezers per collection)
  • white goods
  • sofas
  • televisions
  • wardrobes
  • cookers
  • washing machines

If you are unsure about whether MVDC will collect a particular item, please call 01306 885001 or email molevalley@jointwastesolutions.org


Household items

  • single item: £40
  • two to five items: £79
  • six to 10 items: £139

MVDC is unable to collect the following items:

  • asbestos
  • car/motorbike parts
  • commercial/trade waste
  • concrete posts
  • construction/DIY waste
  • fluid containers e.g. drums
  • garage doors over 6ft x 6ft in size
  • garden waste (Garden Waste Collection Service available)
  • gas bottles 
  • large gates  
  • pianos

Please contact SITA Surrey on 0208 329 1030 for advice on how to dispose of any of the above items that MVDC cannot collect.

Collection day

A collection day will be arranged with you, usually within three working days. Please note we are unable to offer collections on Wednesdays and weekends. Payment can be made on the phone by using a debit or credit card. You can also book and pay for the service at the cash desk at MVDC's Pippbrook offices in Dorking and the HelpShop in Leatherhead.

Surrey Reuse Network

If you believe that your items are reusable or can be fixed, you may wish to have them collected by the Surrey Reuse Network to be re-conditioned and put back into the community. Although there is no charge, a donation towards van running costs of £15 per collection is invited. To arrange a collection call 0800 082 0180 and select option 5.

Last Updated: 18/07/2019

Printer Friendly Version

Anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve molevalley.gov.uk

For general enquiries use Report it, Apply for it or Contact Us