Business Support Networks and Organisations
Whether you are an established business seeking advice or are considering starting up a new business in the Mole Valley area, there are many organisations offering relevant and helpful information, guidance and support:
- The Dorking Business Breakfast Group are a group of locally based businesses who meet every Thursday morning at Betchworth Park Golf Club to exchange business information, referrals and news.
- The Dorking Business Improvement District (BID) delivers projects to promote Dorking and improve the local business prosperity, run by the Dorking Town Partnership.
- Dorking Rugby Business Club holds a business networking event every second Thursday evening of each month at the Dorking Ruby Club.
- Leatherhead and District Chamber of Commerce is a networking organisation for businesses in Leatherhead and the surrounding area helping businesses grow through networking events and the sharing of best practice. The Leatherhead and District Chamber of Commerce run a networking breakfast on the third Wednesday of each month.
- Trusted Contacts is a business networking group which holds fortnightly breakfast meetings at Hartsfield Manor in Betchworth.
- The Coast to Capital Growth Hub offers a free and impartial service to help businesses in the region find the most relevant support to address their growth ambitions.
- Connect Surrey holds breakfast, mid-morning and lunchtime networking events across Surrey including in Dorking and Leatherhead.
- Easit East Surrey is the East Area of Surrey Initiative for Transport and aims to address congestion and commuter issues and offers savings on public transport and access to other schemes.
- Enterprise First supports start-ups and existing businesses, offering free independent advice, mentoring an practical workshops on marketing and finance.
- Gatwick Diamond Business is a membership body that arranges regular networking events and monthly members meetings.
- Invest in Surrey offers tailored advice and support to assist you with identifying the best location for your business.
- Surrey Chamber of Commerce connects businesses to opportunities, skills, knowledge and contacts; 'Escape' breakfast events are held at Hartsfield Manor on alternative months for East Surrey businesses.
- Surrey County Council offers business advice and information including trading standards; supplying the council, complying with weights and measures laws; licenses, permits and consents.
- The Government apprenticeship campaign offers advice on how you can get government apprenticeship funding to cover some of the cost of training and assessing an apprentice.
- Enterprise Nation is a network of small businesses and business advisers that provides resources, expertise and connections.
- The Federation of Small Businesses offers members a wide range of business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a voice in Government.
- The Fredricks Foundation provides loans to people who cannot obtain mainstream finance who want to set up a new business or maintain or expand an existing business.
- The Government website provides a range of tools and guidance for businesses, including a support helpline for free advice.
- Open to Export is a free online information service from the Institute of Export and International Trade, dedicated to helping small businesses get ready to export and expand internationally.
For advice on business continuity, please see Surrey County Council's 'Business Continuity Guide'.
- HM Government - Brexit Advice for Business
- Coast to Capital - Brexit Advice for Business
- British Chambers of Commerce - Brexit Advice for Business
- GOV.UK - Prepare your business for the UK leaving the EU
For more information
Please email Economic Development; email@example.com or call 01306 885001.