Filming in Mole Valley
Due to its exceptional variety of assets such as woodlands, listed buildings, recreation grounds, caves and mausoleum, Mole Valley District Council is sometimes approached by filming companies for permission to film within the District. Mole Valley benefits from areas of outstanding natural beauty, easy access from the M25 (Junction 9) and good transport links with three railway stations (Dorking Main, Dorking Deepdene and Dorking West).
Some of the Mole Valley District Council-owned locations which may be available for filming are:
- The Hope Mausoleum, Dorking - built by Thomas Hope after the death of his son in 1817, this Grade II* listed tomb is located in Chart Park with wide views over the surrounding countryside.
- Pippbrook House, Dorking - a Grade II listed gothic mansion on the Mole Valley District Council gronds. The property is currently vacant and has lovely period features inside. Different parking options are available on site depending on circumstances.
- Dorking Cotmandene - a traditional village green/open space in Dorking with fantastic views of Box Hill.
- Dorking Caves - constructed over a period of time from 17th to 19th century, Dorking Caves were originally used by brewers because of its cool conditions. Structurally safe and with good access points.
- Milton Gore, Coldharbour Lane - an unusual area of woodland with a number of craters and 'spooky' looking trees
- Brockham Green - a scenic village green with great views of the Surrey Hills
To film at a Council owned location please contact the Property Team. Parking provision may be available upon request depending on the location. Please note that a licence will be required before filming commences and proof of an adequate public liability insurance will be requested. A risk assessment and method statement may also be requested. Please allow at least 21 days notice to film at a Council owned location.
If you wish to film on a public road or pavement, a licence is required from Surrey County Council.
In all cases you will need the permission of the landowner.
Examples of some of the locations for filming are detailed within the pictures below.