Dorking Low Paid Worker Parking Permit
After discussions with West Street and South Street Traders Associations, Chamber of Commerce and Town Centre Forum, Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) have introduced a new parking permit for lower paid staff, working in shops or offices in Dorking town centre.
The Dorking Low Paid Worker parking permit will enable holders to park in the long term section of St Martins Walk car park, Monday to Saturday. 100 permits are available at a price of £150 each, on a first-come, first served basis.
Please read and agree to MVDC's Dorking Low Paid Worker parking permit terms and conditions before applying for an application.
Terms and Conditions
The following Dorking Low Paid Worker parking permit terms and conditions are subject to review and, as such, MVDC's current terms and conditions at the time of application will prevail.
- To be eligible for the "Dorking Low Paid Worker Scheme" parking permit, applicants must be lower paid staff (individuals earning less than £8.25 per hour) working in shops or offices in Dorking town centre.
- The permit must be displayed in the front windscreen of the vehicle so that it is clearly visible at all times.
- The permit is not transferable between vehicles unless prior arrangement is made. A maximum of two vehicle registrations can be shown on each permit purchased. Where two registrations are allocated to the "Dorking Low Paid Worker Permit" this will allow two part time workers to share the permit.
- A parking permit will be valid for a period of 12 months and are renewable as of the 1 April. New applicants may purchase a permit after the 1 April on a pro rata basis. Full month's charges will apply.
- Reminders regarding renewal of permits will not be sent, and renewal applications must be received at least 10 days of the commencement date to guarantee sufficient time for processing and dispatch.
- Dorking Low Paid Work parking permits (£150 per annum) are only valid in long term sections of St Martins Walk car park. These permits are not valid in the three hour maximum parking sections of the car park, or any other Mole Valley car park. MVDC may, upon giving reasonable notice to the permit holder, restrict the use of the permit to a specified car park in the permit holder's nominated town. When this occurs MVDC will re-issue the permit displaying the name of the car park the permit holder is entitled to use.
- Failure to display a valid permit will result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
- A permit does not reserve or guarantee a parking space.
- Change of Vehicle - If you change your vehicle, please return your permit to Parking Services, together with proof of new vehicle ownership. A new permit will be issued within five working days. An admin fee of £5 will be payable.
- MVDC reserves the right to refuse issue of a permit.
- If a permit has not been used in accordance with the terms and conditions, MVDC reserves the right to withdraw the permit. A permit which specifies a particular car park is only valid when a vehicle is parked in the car park with the same name as shown on the front of the permit and will not be valid for use in any other car park.'
- The permit may only be used for motorcars licensed as private or goods vehicles not exceeding 6'6" in height.
- The terms and provisions of MVDC's current off-street parking order are implied in this agreement.
- Refunds can be obtained on full calendar months only, original permit must be returned and an administration charge of £5 will apply.
- Any omissions of information may result in a delay in the issue of a permit. The application will not be processed if not signed and dated. Photocopies of applications cannot be accepted as we can only process application forms with an original signature.
- MVDC will process your application as quickly as possible and you should receive your permit within a few days but at busy times it can take up to two weeks. MVDC does not issue permits to personal callers at Pippbrook 'while you wait'.
- MVDC reserves the right to cancel a parking permit at any time subject to giving the permit holder seven days written notice. Where MVDC cancels a parking permit a pro-rata refund for the remaining period of the permit will be made. Where a permit is cancelled because of fraud or misuse the permit holder will not be eligible for a refund.
- General Information: permits are limited and are issued on a first come first served basis. There are a very limited number of "Low Paid Worker Permits" available. Where demand is greater than availability, applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified when a permit space becomes available.
MVDC does not undertake to supervise the parking place and will not accept any liability for loss or damage to motor vehicles or their contents howsoever caused, or injury to any person howsoever such injury is caused, unless or to the extent caused by proven negligence of MVDC its representatives or agents.
Fair Processing Notice for Forms
MVDC is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
For further information, see www.molevalley.gov.uk/datasharing