Street Trading and Busking

Street Trading Consent

You will need to obtain Street Trading Consent from Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) before trading in a designated area of the district as there are certain areas in Mole Valley where trading is prohibited.

If you intend to street trade in food, e.g. ice cream, burger van etc, you first need to contact MVDC for further advice. You are also required to register with the Environmental Health food team if your business base is located in Mole Valley. Please call 01306 885001.

You can apply for a street trading consent online via GOV.UK.

For details on fees and charges, visit our Environmental Health Fees and Charges web page.

Tacit consent applies to these licences, so if you have not heard from MVDC within the specified time, you can assume that consent for your licence has been given.

Busking - Street Entertainment Permit

Any person wishing to busk in Mole Valley needs to apply for a Street Entertainment Permit. The permit is free and the application form is available to download (see 'Downloads').


MVDC is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and, to this end, may use the information you have provided in order to access this service for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

For more information, please visit the Fraud and Corruption web page.

Related Pages

Internet Links

MVDC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

Last Updated: 03/09/2018

Printer Friendly Version

Anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve

For general enquiries use Report it, Apply for it or Contact Us