Single Person Discount
Your full council tax bill is based on at least two adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill.
Your council tax bill will be reduced by 25% if you count as an adult for Council Tax and either:
- you live on your own
- no-one else in your home counts as an adult
You will get a 50% discount if no-one living in your home, including you, counts as an adult.
Who doesn't count as an adult?
These people are not counted as adults for Council Tax:
- children under 18
- people on apprentice schemes
- 18 and 19-year-olds who are in full-time education
- full-time college and university students
- young people under 25 who receive funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People's Learning Agency
- student nurses
- foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
- people who have a severe mental impairment
- live-in carers who look after someone who isn't their partner, spouse or child (up to 18 years)
For more information, please email email@example.com or call the Revenues team on 01306 879293.