Specsavers Surrey Youth Games
The Surrey Youth Games (SYG), sponsored by Specsavers, is the largest annual youth sports festival in Surrey and gives young people (aged 7 to 16 years) experience of a competitive, countywide sporting tournament.
About the Games
The games are essentially a mini-Olympic event, where each of the eleven districts and boroughs in Surrey compete against each other in a variety of sports.
Children in the district get up to eight weeks free coaching in a range of different sports and then get selected to compete for Mole Valley.
Most of this year's action will take place on 'Super Sunday' at Surrey Sports Park. Girls Cricket and Football will take place on the Saturday, as well as Badminton and Senior Squash which will take place at Woking Leisure Centre (operated by Freedom Leisure in conjunction with Woking Borough Council).
Eligibility for the Games
To compete for Mole Valley District Council you must:
- live or go to school in Mole Valley
- be of the correct age and gender for the sport you wish to take part in.
- be below county standard in the sport you wish to take part in
- unfortunately, it is only possible to register to compete in a maximum of two sports on the weekend of the SYG tournament (one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday). It is not possible to compete in two different sports on the same day of the games weekend
- want to have loads of fun!
2018 Games - scorching temperatures
This year during the weekend of a very warm weekend, 120 sporting stars from Mole Valley were given the opportunity to experience SYG and were able to showcase their talents and teamwork against other children from all the different districts/boroughs in Surrey.
Across the 15 teams Mole Valley entered into the games they did brilliantly and managed to accumulate 3 medals overall, and 10 individual judo medals doing the District extremely proud.
For further information about the Specsavers Surrey Youth Games please visit Active Surrey's website.